Helge began his career at Deutsche Bank in 1995, working in several investment roles, including head of qualitative alpha selection and head of portfolio engineering. In 2009, Helge started at Aviva Investors, initially heading up the product specialist team in the areas of investment solutions, equity, and multi-asset and later establishing the respective global product management function. Prior to joining MASECO in 2016, Helge established and grew the presence of Research Affiliates in Europe over 4 years.
Helge is considered an expert in Smart Beta and quantitative investing and has spoken at various conferences around the globe. Having worked with HNW individuals as well as large institutions in different jurisdictions, his rich experience allows him to bring institutional investment practises into the private client world.
Helge holds a bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting from Hogeschool, Utrecht, the Netherlands, and a Diplom Betriebswirt from Fachhochschule für Oekonomie und Management in Essen, Germany. Helge also graduated with an Executive MSc in risk management and investment management from EDHEC-Risk Institute.
Helge is a member of the London Quant Group. Since 2017, he is also the initiator and organiser of the MASECO Research Exchange, an informal bi-annual event for senior investment professionals from Academia, Investment Consulting and Pension Funds to exchange and discuss new research.
Helge joined MASECO in 2016 to continue the development of what he believes was one of the first factor based investment propositions in the UK wealth management space. He is responsible for all investment activities including asset allocation, manager and security selection as well as portfolio construction.
IN HIS SPARE TIME...
Helge loves spending time with his family. His greatest passions are skiing and other outdoor activities. Helge is a very keen traveller, passionate about exploring the diversity of our planet, and really enjoys meeting new people from different cultures and religions and with different backgrounds and views.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- Diplom Betriebswirt from Fachhochschule für Oekonomie und Management in Essen, Germany
- Executive MSc in risk management and investment management from EDHEC-Risk Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting from Hogeschool, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- In 2016 the Financial Analysts Journal (FAJ) published Helge’s co-authored research around factor and smart beta exposures.
- Winner of the CFA Institute’s 2017 Graham and Dodd Scroll Award of Excellence; MASECO believes it is the first time that a Chief Investment Officer at a UK Private Wealth Management firm has received such honour.