Barry is a keen problem-solver who always strives to ensure that his US, UK and non-domicile clients have integrated and tax efficient plans in place for their investments, wealth planning and retirement plans. He is an experienced adviser with over 15 years’ practise as a fee-only investment and wealth manager. He is particularly passionate about index and asset class investing having done his dissertation for his MBA comparing active and passive investment management. He enjoys sharing this knowledge with clients when explaining how MASECO manages money for their clients. Having worked in investment teams at accountancy practices in the past, Barry gained a substantial awareness of the tax issues that face US and non-domicile clients in the UK. Barry joined MASECO as a Wealth Manager, sharing the same evidence-based investment beliefs as the company.
IN HIS SPARE TIME...
Barry enjoys spending his free time with his wife, two children and being active. He is a keen supporter of Munster rugby and Kerry Gaelic Football. He likes to play Gaelic football and staying active.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- University of Nottingham Business School, MBA, 2000
- National University of Ireland, Galway, 1993, B Comms (Hons) degree
- Previous posts: PwC, Grant Thornton, Wealth Advisory and Financial Planning
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
- Association of Taxation Technicians ATT tax qualification
- Diploma in Financial Planning (DipPFS)