4th of July – Ideas for celebrating as an American in the UK
American Independence Day is traditionally one of the hallmarks of summer filled with outdoors events, BBQs and fireworks. It is a day of patriotic celebration and family events throughout the US. With 4th of July tomorrow, we lay out some ideas below on how you can celebrate the holiday this year. Being an American in the UK certainly shouldn’t stop you from finding your own ways to celebrate and feel at home.
Below are some ideas:
• Check out the Major League Baseball Open House in Hyde Park
• Seek out some of London’s best American restaurants
• Organise a Garden BBQ with friends and family.
• Queue to spend the day at Wimbledon. Whilst not American, it is a good day out.
• Organise a family ‘treasure hunt’ around London to locate the many statues of American heroes dotted around the capital.
• Check the US embassy website for organised events
• Visit Sulgrave Manor – the ancestral home of George Washington
• Visit Benjamin Franklin’s home and get your lunch-time cake and champagne to mark the years the founding father lived in London.
• For anyone looking to party, some pub options can be found here
• Take a few minutes to write a note to thank those you know who serve.
Whatever you find yourself up to, you shouldn’t find it too difficult to celebrate in true US style.
For more wealth planning tips and tidbits from MASECO read our 39 Steps to Smart Living in the UK.