The American: 5 Areas to Focus on in the 10 Years Before Retirement
Within the July-August edition of The American Magazine, Andrea Solana, Head of Advanced Planning at MASECO, offers her thoughts on the five areas to focus on in the 10 years before retirement.
"Everyone has a different idea of what ‘retirement’ looks like and the timing as to when they intend to enter that phase. As you close in on the 10 years before retirement, or even perhaps the thought of dialing back full-time work, it isn’t always intuitive to understand how much annual spending your savings can support, or how to structure your portfolio in a manner that will support your needs but also maintain an appropriate level of risk exposure based on your needs and time horizon."
Click here for the full article published in The American Magazine, written by Andrea Solana, Head of Advanced Planning.
This document is intended for the recipient only. It may not be copied, forwarded or otherwise distributed, in whole or in part, to any other party.
Use of information:
• Nothing in this document constitutes investment, tax or any other type of advice and should not be construed as such.
• The investments and strategy noted in this document may not be suitable for all investors and making available the information in this document is not a representation by MASECO that any investment strategy is suitable for any particular client.
• This document is provided for information purposes only; is not intended to be relied upon as a forecast, research or investment advice; and does not constitute a recommendation, offer or solicitation to buy or sell any products or to adopt an investment strategy.
• The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of MASECO as a whole or any part thereof.
• All investments involve risk and may lose value. The value of your investment can go down depending upon market conditions and you may not get back the original amount invested.
• Your capital is always at risk.
• Fluctuation in currency exchange rates may cause the value of an investment and/or a portfolio to go up or down.
• Alternative strategies involve higher risks than traditional investments, such as speculative investment techniques, which can magnify the potential for investment loss or gain.
• Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
MASECO LLP (trading as MASECO Private Wealth and MASECO Institutional) is established as a limited liability partnership in England and Wales (Companies House No. OC337650) and has its registered office at Burleigh House, 357 Strand, London WC2R 0HS. The partners are Mr J E Matthews and Mr J R D Sellon; Mr D R B Dorman, Mr H Q A Findlater, Mr T Flonaes, Mr N B Tissot, Ms A L Solana. Telephone calls may be recorded for your protection.
MASECO LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the conduct of investment business in the UK and is an Securities and Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisor in the US.